Saturday, January 24, 2015

Well, this week sucked.

So, despite my first few posts, I never claimed this was a gaming blog. Since that is the case, I am going to share my non-gaming experiences from this week.

I totaled my car on Wednesday. Ice on the road, a guardrail, and it all added up to a totaled Toyota Corolla. Thankfully no one else was involved, despite it being rush hour. I was also able to walk away from the wreck without any injury at all. No idea how. So, as you can imagine, I've had a stressful week.

My insurance company is Progressive, and I am truly amazed at how efficiently they sorted everything out. I had a check in hand Friday. Really, I'm just stunned. My only complaint about the whole thing is that they are putting a lot of pressure on me to get a new car. I can understand the urgency; they don't want to pay for the rental longer than they have to, but I live in a state where it is illegal to sell cars on Sunday (most stupid thing I've heard in 2015 so far). Slightly annoying, but they sorted out the car much faster than expected & actually gave me more money for it than I'd expected. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with Progressive.

3 comments:

  1. It is true and annoying that car dealerships are closed on Sundays but their computer systems are not and you can spend the day doing research and swoop down on the dealership on Monday, knowing what you want and what price you are willing to pay.

    Don't forget to look at Craig's List and Edmunds when doing research. There is nothing more infuriating than paying too much to buy a car that doesn't meet your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the car thing turn out? Well, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything turned out better than I expected. A co-worker hooked me up with someone who had a 2007 Elantra to sell. I figure if it lasts me 4 years, I got my money's worth.

    ReplyDelete